About Canon Medical Research Europe
Canon Medical Research Europe is a leading medical software research and development centre of excellence, generating breakthrough technologies and valuable intellectual property for Canon Medical Systems. Based in the diverse city of Edinburgh we employ over 100 people working as Software Engineers, Scientists, Clinical Specialists, Testers and Business Support and are part of a global corporation headquartered in Japan. We develop next generation medical imaging software to integrate with Canon Medical scanners and other diagnostic healthcare solutions which are installed in hospitals and healthcare centres across the globe.
We develop software that helps saves people’s lives – we help to make a difference!
Empowering the patient and their care team anywhere in the world by transforming information into action.
Strong values help us stay true to our vision
We drive and deliver excellence
- We delight our sponsors with what we deliver, and how we deliver it
- We work autonomously
- We give honest feedback with courage
- Our reputation helps us lead
- We look beyond the present to the future needs of the business
- The patient and the care team are at the heart of everything we do
Our influence impacts Canon Medical's Direction
- Our clinical, technical and business ideas shape the group direction
- We provide excellent clinical and technical leadership to influence:
- Better technical solutions
- Better working practices
- Better collaboration
- We establish connections and help build relationships between BU's and development groups
- We create value through innovation
We make Canon Medical Research Europe a great place to work
- We value our people and how they really feel
- We take the time to talk and listen to each other
- We support and encourage one another
- We embrace and encourage continuous learning at all levels
- We recognise achievement and celebrate our success
We continuously improve
- We believe that we never run out of ways to do things better
- We learn from and adopt the state of the art
- We learn by experimentation and taking risks
- We keep our tools sharp
- We value operational excellence
Social responsibility is important to us
- We look after the environment
- We actively participate in our community
- We fundraise for charities
- We are honest, transparent and trusted
Founded in 1995 by a group of Edinburgh University graduates, Voxar became a world leader in 3D medical imaging software and 3D for PACS. In 2009, the company was acquired by Toshiba Medical and renamed Toshiba Medical Visualization Systems Europe. We became Canon Medical Research Europe following the acquisition of Toshiba Medical by Canon in 2016.
As part of the Canon group we continue to work on exciting innovations and generate breakthroughs in advanced imaging technology.